Kaylee likes to grind her teeth together. It makes the most terrible noise plus I think she's chipped her front tooth doing it. We spank her little mouth when she does it but she just laughs. She doesn't get that we don't want her to do it and even when I am coming towards her telling her no she laughs.
I have no clue what to do to make her understand its bad and to stop. Any Suggestions?
Friday, June 27, 2008
HELP
Sharing this with you: Shara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I read your blog every once in awhile through Francesca. I'm coo's sister-in-law, by the way. Married to Brent.
Our oldest started to grind her teeth when she was two and a half, so older than yours and she has now grown out of it recently. We took her to the dentist and he said it was no big deal it wasn't doing any harm to her teeth. If you think she chipped her tooth, you might want to take her in to see if she is doing any other damage. I've also heard that it's a way for them to loosen their baby teeth, but she seems so young. Mine only did it when she slept. so maybe ask your doctor. It took her about a year to grow out of it.
Taylin used to grind her teeth like crazy! She doesn't do it anymore... or I probably just don't notice it. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me! And... I'll have to e-mail you the instructions on how to update your blog. If you want, I can do it for you too. Just let me know. I have a ton of digi-scrap stuff.
You're jealous of Kylie's hair, I'm jealous of Kaylee's teeth! Kylie barely has 2 on the bottom (they're still coming in)...here she is supposed to be 1 and eating more table foods, but she chokes on everything!! Sorry, I'm no help with the teeth grinding problem. :-) Luckily we both know someday the hair and teeth will grow in. :-)
Hey, Ryan's nephew grinds his teeth also. What the doctor said to do is (it's hard to explain this in writing so bare with me)you put your thumb on her cheek in between the top and bottom jaw and then you place your finger on the other side in the same position. Then you squeeze the cheeks ,a couple of times, in like you are trying to put your fingers together and you say no grinding. And obviously you keep a straight face to let her know you are serious. And if you just keep up with it hopefully she will learn to stop
Post a Comment