Saturday, September 25, 2010

Out of the Darkness Walk

We were able to participate in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention's Out of the Darkness Walk this year in Salt Lake. Our family created Team Linda to walk in her memory. My cousin Darby made shirts and we gathered at Wheeler Farms for our first ever walk. I have to tell you that it broke my heart to see so many people there. To see there are so many people out there that are affected by suicide. However, events and organizations like this are there to create awareness and to help those out there who feel so alone. I encourage everyone to participate in walks like these. Create awareness, get involved, spread the word so that you will never have to feel the pain this type of thing can cause.I am grateful for the experience and am excited to walk again next year!

"Being blessed with hope, let us, as disciples, reach out to all who, for whatever reason, have moved away from...hope...let us reach to lift hands which hang hopelessly down."
-Elder Neal A Maxwell

0 comments: