Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas Indeed

I must say as I sit down to write this post that I am completely exhausted! Although the day did not start off super early, 8:00 am does come pretty quickly when you don't sleep. But even with the sleepless, super pregnant, stuffy nose kind of sleepless night I experienced I was so excited to have Christmas with Kaylee. She was pretty clueless to what was about to happen, but Shane and I were like little kids just so excited to watch her open her presents. I set up everything the night before, just like my parents use to, with her presents from Santa and her stocking all together! It was so cute.


We had to wait for Shane's Brother and his wife due to some weather issues so we were watching Kaylee like a hawk making sure she didn't wander off into the present room! Well of course a few minutes before they got there we all slacked and the next thing we hear is a high pitch squeal of excitement. We rush in and she is pushing around the little princess baby stroller we had got her. Honestly she would have been just fine with that present alone, however that was certainly no the case this year. Sean and Alexa soon arrived and the festivities began.We all soon realized we had gone INSANE as far as Kaylee was concerned and it was hard to keep her focused as we would open one present and all she wanted to do was play with it and we are telling her "no wait Kay there's MORE." It was pretty funny and the poor little girl was pretty popped at the end of it all. Needless to say she SCORED big time! I think she got every Mermaid thing you can imagine.

It was a great morning and we were lucky enough to spend the day with family, good food and entertainment. It was so fun to watch little Kaylee enjoy her first real Christmas, apart from last year when she was more interested in eating the paper! We were all sad to be away from our Shepherd family, but felt their love.

What a wonderful Holiday to be together and focus on the joy of others. I still can't believe Christmas is over. It went by so quickly this year, but I hope the Christmas Spirit will continue into the winter months ahead. We love you all and hope everyone had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

PS I had to add this because it was so funny. Kaylee loved to play with my mother-in-laws nativity and this is how we found it one night! hahaha

Kaylee's version of the Nativity!

2 comments:

Nate and Brooke said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful christmas... Call me soon k...

Cristina said...

I love all of Kaylee's Mermee stuff! I can't believe how much she grew up in the 2 weeks I was gone!!