Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas is almost here!!!

Is it just me that is freaking out that Christmas Eve is in a week! Time has flown by. I guess it just hasn't really felt like Christmas time to me this year. We made Gingerbread houses and the house has been in all its Christmas wonder since November so why the weird mood. Maybe its because I haven't been listening to Amy Grant like we always do, or that I've been stuck inside watching "mer-mee" all day :), OR that we won't be going home to Sac this year at all WAHHH!!! Whatever it is I am sad the Holidays are upon us and I don't feel as jolly as I have in years past.

I was put in as my church's choir director recently and just finished our Christmas Program this past Sunday. It was very lovely and my choir did a fantastic job. I was so proud. We really focused though on the reason for the Christmas season and how we can keep Christ in Christmas this year. Its easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of this time, but to really focus on the spirit of the holidays...giving, service, love...that might be why it hasn't felt like Christmas to me. I've been so focused on the glitz and glamor aspect that I've forgotten the important stuff!

Well I guess I still have a week to get out of this funk and make this a Christmas to remember. Maybe this year instead of stressing over how to get everyone and their dog a present with no money we'll focus on how we can serve and really enjoy the true meaning of the holiday.

2 comments:

Cristina said...

I know I already told you this but I loved the Christmas program. You really did an awesome awesome job!

david said...

You are gonna get us and our dog a gift? That is thoughtful of you.