Sunday, November 16, 2008

Growing up SO fast

It seems we didn't get the memo that Kaylee was no longer a baby, but a little girl. Her actions however have let us know loud and clear. Today was her first Sunday in Nursery at church. Nursery is basically like church daycare for 18 month and older kids. Although it was a little sad seeing my baby go off without even looking back at her dad and I the rest of the meetings were heaven! The picture below is her big Nursery girl outfit. How cute huh! (Got to love Ross)


Now her stats prove otherwise. At her checkup this past week we were informed that Kaylee, all 19 lbs 10 oz of her, was in the 0%! HAHAHA! So yes she is a big girl but a very petite girl. That's the word our sweet Doctor uses to make us feel better. I guess we shouldn't be too surprised considering it was never in the stars for us to have giants so we are more than happy with our little petite one.

Kaylee has decided to create her own language, fake cry (hands over her eyes and everything), learn about 30 more words and try to use the potty. Yes the potty. We bought her one the other day and she acted like we gave her a handful of candy. She just would look at it and squeal, "POTTY!" We have yet to have any success on it yet, but we really haven't given it a solid effort.

So yes we indeed missed the memo about our little baby becoming this little person right in front of our eyes. A little person with a HUGE personality, as dramatic as can be and sweet as ever. We did miss the memo, but we love this new little person and are having a blast seeing her literally change so much every day!

She climbs up on the couch on her own and this is what I find
So big lounging watching Mickey Mouse

Reading Magazines with Mommy

8 comments:

Sheen said...

She is such a cute little Shara!

Taylin went to nursery for the first time today too and she loved it! I had to keep peeking in to see how big my girl was getting and it made me a bit sad. How can they grow so fast?!

How are you feeling? When is girl 2 due?

david said...

um...do you have your Christmas tree up already? Did you hang your Halloween candy on it or something? -db

Jeanine said...

I love it! She's such a doll...and might I add that I'm glad she loves her "Uncle Barrett!" ;)

Cristina said...

I just love her!! I felt bad in nursery yesterday, when I was in there all I wanted to do was play with Kaylee and then ended up ignoring all the other kids :)

Candace said...

Holy crud, what gorgeous chica! And suuuuch a cute outfit!!! (The one she wore to nursery.) It's so crazy how fast these kids grow up...slow down!!!

Nicole said...

How cute was she on her first day of nursery?! Good idea. I can't believe how fast these little guys grow! I am going to be in Sac town for Thanksgiving. I'm sorry your hubby has to work! :( I know how that is. Maybe you and Kaylee can make it though :) We should get together if you do!

Marc and Stacy said...

She is so cute!!! I love her nursery outfit!! Adorable...

Don't you just LOVE nursery! You can finally enjoy church again!

Ben N Nessa said...

Haha! She is darling...and we love all of her words-money, bun, sucka! :)