How in the world is it already July. The summer is flying by. We were excited to have Kylie and Daniel come into town for the 4th. We were able to spend some time together, BBQ and take family pictures. Unfortunately Kennady decided to be evil during the family pictures, but we looked like gap models so hopefully everyone can focus on that instead of Kennady screaming! We also busted out some ancient fireworks, pretty scary, and had an exclusive Pack Family firework show. The boys were hilarious lighting them. Kennie loved the "pops," however Aunt Alexa did not. haha. It was a lot of fun. We were sad to see Kylie and Dan go, but we had such a good time together!
This year the 4th of July was on Sunday so here the whole weekend seemed out of sorts with firework shows on Saturday and parades on Monday. We went to the Freedom Festival in Provo and watched about 10 minutes of the parade thanks to the heat and Miss Kennie. Luckily the park had crafts and activities so we checked that out before we left. Although the holiday was spread over the weekend and a bit crazy I was able to really think about how much I love the 4th of July. I thought of how as a kid it was one of the things I looked forward to. The parade, pancake breakfast, carnival at Hagan Park and fireworks at the middle school. I then thought about how much I truly love this country and how grateful I am for the amazing men and women who have gone before me to give me the freedoms I enjoy. I also love and respect the many soldiers who fight today for our same freedoms. I just finished a series about a family in World War II. How different it is to read the fear and sacrifice those people lived in during that time. Men and boys were drafted and people lost close to everything. How lucky are we to be in war time and live life normally. The news sometimes makes me weary, but for me I still love this country, love my freedoms and love the good American people who I know are out there! God Bless America!!!









3 comments:
Your girls are too cute! Looks like you guys have been having such a fun summer!
Such a cute post! I'm loving all of Kaylee's model poses! I seriously think she's going to be famous someday....
the girls 4th of july outfits are precious. LOVE the headbands and the flowers. you're so crafty. you should move here so you can show me how to do more stuff :)
Post a Comment